WHAT WE OFFER
Our advisers have significant experience in a range of areas, and are able to provide bespoke specialist advice on everything from mortgages to pensions.
While there are many places to turn to for financial advice, an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) is able to offer you unbiased advice on financial products across the entire market.
We know how time consuming it can be to establish exactly which mortgage is right for you. Our financial advisers can help you select the best mortgage available, and help with the paperwork that comes with it.
When it comes to more complicated financial matters such as investments or pensions, a financial adviser who knows the ins and outs can point you in the right direction.
SAVINGS & INVESTMENTS
There are many different types of savings and investments, each with different structures and tax implications. We can discuss your aims and objectives and recommend the most suitable ways to achieve your goals.
Taxation can be very complicated. The rules, reliefs and allowances often change, meaning it is important to stay on top of the current laws to ensure you're managing your finances in a tax-efficient way.
PENSIONS & RETIREMENT
As pension specialists, we can provide advice on areas of pensions which other advisers simply aren't qualified to advise in. We can help you decide how much you should be putting in your pension as well as ensuring that your pension contributions are tax efficient.
Unfortunately, estate planning is not just for the retired or the wealthy. We can help arrage your estate appropriately so that it is distributed in line with your wishes.
Equity release describes a range of products that allow you to release the cash tied up in your home without moving. Niche are regulated by the FCA to advise and sell equity release products.
Hopefully you will never need to make a claim against your insurance. However, if the time comes, you want to be absolutely sure that the insurance you have is right for you. Here at Niche, we can help decide what type and level of insurance is suitable based on your current situation.
LONG TERM CARE
Providing long term care can sometimes be a serious financial burden on those who need care and their relatives. We work closely with care providers and solicitors to provide specialist advice on care fees and funding long term care.
SERVICES TO OTHER IFAs
We are a firm of Chartered Financial Planners with a team of highly knowledgeable advice givers. With this in mind, we have the capacity to increase our business and look after a larger "bank" of clients without reducing the quality of our service.
Niche Sports provides all aspects of financial planning for sports professionals, including on pension advice, current accounts, savings and investments, mortgages, image rights and retirement planning.
Visit Niche Sports
Relevant Life cover
What is Relevant Life cover?
A Relevant Life Plan is a term assurance plan available to employers to provide an individual death in service benefit for an employee. It is designed to pay a lump sum if the person covered dies or is diagnosed with a terminal illness whilst employed during the term. A Relevant Life Plan is paid for by the employer.
Relevant Life Plans are not available where there is no employer/employee relationship. For example, sole traders, equity partners of a partnership or equity members of a Limited Liability Partnership.
Who is it aimed at?
Usually Relevant Life Cover is aimed at people like:
- Employers looking to provide 'death in service' benefits, but with too few employees to set up a group scheme.
- Directors wishing to provide their own individual ‘death in service’ benefits without taking out a scheme on all employees.
- High earning individuals, such as directors, where ‘death in service’ does not form part of their ‘lifetime allowance’ (£1.5 million 2012/13).
What are the advantages of Relevant Life Cover?
- The policy premiums paid for by the business are not normally assessable on the employee as a benefit in kind so they are not subject to income tax.
- The policy premiums paid for by the business are not normally assessable for employer or employee National Insurance contributions.
- The policy premiums may also be treated as an allowable expense for the employer in calculating their tax liability provided that the local inspector of taxes is satisfied they qualify under the ‘wholly and exclusively’ rules.
What are the rules that qualify a person for Relevant Life Cover?
- The policy must only provide a lump sum benefit on death payable before the age of 75.
- The plan must solely pay out on death and have no serious or critical illness cover included.
- The plan must not have a surrender value.
- Any benefit payable from the policy must only be payable to an individual or a charity.
- The main purpose of the relevant life policy should not be for the avoidance of tax.
How can we help?
We here at Niche are insurance experts, and can help you with any queries that you may have. When you contact us about Relevant Life Cover we will take your details and the details of the person you are covering, will then look for all the cover that you will need and hunt for the lowest available quote. After we have secured you the best deal we will help you fill out the paperwork and get your plan in order.