Why would you move home?
There are a number of different reasons that a person would want to move house and it can be a stressful time. We are here to try and help you to understand all of the different pitfalls when it comes to moving home.
Moving home can be exciting, but is sometimes also stressful. Even if you've bought a house before, it's useful to refresh your memory about the steps involved - from finding a new property to sorting out the money and legal side of things.
- Work out what you can afford – it sounds so simple but make sure that you know how much you can lend, how much you can afford on the repayments, as well as the up-front costs of moving
- Selling and buying - make sure that you know the value of your property and you have a realistic price. When buying, make sure that the property is right for you as this is obviously a big commitment
- Putting in/accepting an offer - remember that nothing is certain until the contract is signed people can pull out last minute or your bid could be beaten by another person
- Applying for a mortgage - know what type of mortgage you would want and make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork ready
- Make sure you are protected – do you have buildings and contents insurance? Have you thought about any other protection in case you lose your job or are injured?
- Legal work - make sure you understand what legal fees you will need to pay
- Move in - once you have moved in then ensure you keep up with the repayments and enjoy your new home
What can we do?
We at Niche are specialists when it comes to mortgages and insurance, so we can help you through this process of moving into your new home. We also have contact with Estate Agents, so we can help you with every step from estate agents to solicitors.