Last month (May 6th, 2021), alongside Bevan Buckland and Lexington Corporate Finance, Niche sought to address strategic planning considerations for your business exit, from both a personal and business perspective.
The event was a huge success, in this new digital era, it was great to (virtually) welcome so many people. Hosted by Mark Douglas, owner of Bee1 and Commercial Consultant for Niche, it was a pleasure to speak alongside Thomas Edwards, Director of Lexington Corporate Finance and Matthew Denny, Tax Partner at Bevan Buckland and our very own Chartered Financial Planner and Operations Director, Aled Phillips.
When planning an effective and efficient business exit there are many elements to consider. Thomas, Matthew and Aled talk you through all the necessities you need to plan for including what exit options are available to business owners, incentivising the next management team and finding your number.
If you are looking to sell, remember that everyone is in the same boat at the moment due to the global pandemic, so it is how you react that counts. Although the pandemic has affected all sectors, it hasn’t been negative for all.
Lexington Corporate Finance
- 00:00 – 04:09 Introduction
- 04:10 – 10:37 What are the exit options available to Business Owners
- 10:38 – 13:52 12 steps to address before embarking on a sales process
- 13:53 – 16:51 Driving a premium valuation
- 16:52 – 19:49 What’s your number?
- 19:50 – 25:26 Working Capital Adjustment
- 25:27 – 27:52 Why appoint a Corporate Finance advisor?
Bevan Buckland LLP
- 27:53 – 28:49 Introduction
- 28:50 – 31:54 Incentivising the next management team
- 31:55 – 34:05 Due Diligence
- 34:06 – 36:52 Tax considerations
- 36:53 – 39:32 Business Asset Disposal Relief
Niche Private Clients
- 39:33 – 40:30 Introduction
- 40:31 – 41:33 Finding your number
- 41:34 – 49:55 CashCalc
- 49:56 – 52:00 Investment management and planning opportunities
- 52:01 – 53:25 Inheritance Tax
- 53:26 – 01:02:12 Q&A
If you'd like to find out more about business exits and how Niche can support you, or if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Call: 01633 859555
Office: 5 & 6 Waterside Court, Albany St, Newport, NP20 5NT